Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Exciting Mail! ATCs are here...





The envelope, please! These five ATCs arrived in the mail this weekend. They're the swaps from The Mixed Mania book study at mmartfriends group on Yahoo. I showed you the five cards I made to trade in this post.

What fun to see the variety of techniques and design concepts depicted in these small cards. About the size of a baseball card, the ATCs (artist trading cards) provide an opportunity for group members to try out painting, sewing, collage, beadmaking, stamping, embellishing, doodling... you name it.

My thanks to group leader and swap coordinator Belinda Spiwak. You can see her work on her blog, and in many issues of Quilting Arts and Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazines. And of course, many thanks to my swap partners. Just take a look at their work! I'm inspired to make more of these now that I've had a chance to study some new techniques for making them. Above- top, by Jennifer Elliott; above-bottom, by Sue in South Africa. Below left, by Jennifer Lyons; below right, by Elle Pukalo; bottom, by Joyce.








2 comments:

Jan said...

Yours are fabulous! Each one so unique. I can hardly wait to get mine. Thanks for posting yours.

Jan said...

Hi, It is me again. I saw your comment on my blog but you don't have an email link so I am replying here. Thanks for your kind comments. yes, I am familiar with Susan Sorrell's work and it is wonderful, she is an inspiration to me.