Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Winners! And Hot Beverages for Christmas...



The time has come, and the drum roll has sounded. Four names were drawn for the prizes shown in the last two posts on this blog. Thanks for all of your comments, and for taking part. I drew the names for prizes in the order they were mentioned and shown in the posts. So here are the winners: 1) Vintage Christmas booklet- Cindy from Crimson Heart Studios; 2) Christmas journal- Malinda of Adornments; 3) Somerset Studio Gallery magazine- Donna Parker of Donna Did It; and 4) Christmas from the Heart book- Marilyn. So congratulations, and Merry Christmas! I've e-mailed each of you, but if you don't receive my message for some reason, please contact me.

I had small, same-size pieces left after trimming paper to make these Christmas matchbook-gift holders for my friends at the weekly Citra Crafty Quilters. Your names went on those paper slips for the drawing. Each of the matchbook-style holders has a packet of either cocoa or apple cider drink tied inside. Of course they were perfect for featuring more of my favorite vintage images from the Dover Clip Art CD. Malinda, who won the Christmas journal, is the one who shared the link for making these. The holders make simple, affordable gifts. And they are fairly quick to make. If you like them, check out the video at Eclectic Art Studio. One tip, when you go to thread the ribbon through the small punched holes, try using a floss threader. It makes the job very easy.
The remaining names are still in the quilty bag just in case I'm unable to contact any of the winners. I won the bag, which was nice and roomy for tossing and mixing up the names, on Kathy York's blog when she introduced her Urban Landscapes fabric line. Her article for making the drawstring bags appeared in Quilting Arts Gifts 2010 issue.

Is there no end to the fun we have with fabric and paper?? No! The answer is no. And I'll be back soon to share more with you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting I won that absolutely gorgeous magazine I drool over and rarely purchase. THANK YOU for such a wonderful holiday giveaway. I sent you my address via e-mail. Jumping up and down. (well not really, it's only 3:15 am and I'm still in bed!), but I'm jumping up and down in my excited little mind ... he he.) Congratulations to the other winners .. they were such lovely things you included in your celebration. I'm off to have a look at how to make the little gift holders, Such a great idea and one to file away for next year. :o) hugs, Donna

Robbie said...

Congrats to all the winners! So nice of you to have a 'give a way'! And you're right...there's no end to what you can do with fabric, paper...ribbons, what nots!! I tell my hubby to keep what he wants to keep away from me or it could end up in a collage piece or quilt!

Browndirtcottage said...

Woo Hoo to all the lucky winners!!

Malinda said...

Nancy! I received my journal today. Magnificent!! The work and the love that you put into it are very clear to see, it's just way too cool, my husband even sat and ooohed and ahhhed over every page with me! ; ) I'll be posting pics on my blog Monday so if any of your readers want to see the details they can just drop on by www.malindaj.com/blog and enjoy a little show! I can't wait to share it with my readers! Thank you so much!