Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hi, Ho, It's Off to the Fair...



It's showtime in Florida... quilt show time that is. The calendar is full with quilt show weekends from now until late spring. One in February is the exhibition at the Florida State Fair held in Tampa, Feb. 10-21. One of the exhibit categories is needlework, so I decided to send in some entries this year. These are the items getting ready to travel. The Black-Eyed Susan quilt above is one I made while learning the thread-painting technique with Ann Fahl's book "Coloring With Thread". And you've seen the others on this blog already- the Symphony quilt, Coffee Break quilt, and Old World Santa (which are referred to in some areas as "Bullet Santas" as I learned from one of the comments).

And guess who was helping in the sewing room?? Lily has settled in nicely since her arrival two weeks ago. As you can see, she is a stealth cat who likes to hide and make her move when least expected! She's very energetic and entertaining.




5 comments:

Susan said...

The black eyed susan quilt is a beauty. I am drawn to quilts with coneflowers and black eyed Susans. Good luck at the fair!

Nancy said...

I hope you win them all.....love the black eyed susan quilt...it's a beauty....

Glad Lily is settling in and happy to be with you in your studio.....

Hugs

sonja said...

i see you helper has a "paws on" approach! love the name Lily as that was my mares name.
i love your black eyed susan quilt and of course santas of a certain shape! have fun at the fairs and keep us posted.

Robbie said...

You did a nice job on stitching your black eyed susan..I clicked on to enlarge and get a better appreciation of what all you did. Nice job!! thanks for email on the show too!!!! I'll keep it in mind and I did forward link to a friend.

Nifty Quilts said...

Really beautiful! I love your brown-eyed Susan quilt. Your stitching compliments it nicely.