Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 1, 2010

I Hear a Symphony...




I made this small "Symphony" quilt using applique and machine techniques from quilt artist Gloria Loughman's book "Quilted Symphony" (C&T Publishing). It has some intricacies, but I enjoyed the methods and thought the results were pretty good.



Our Country Road Quilter's Guild show is this coming weekend- Friday and Saturday- at the CFCC campus in Ocala, FL. I had forgotten that I entered this quilt back in early September and had set it aside, incomplete. When I got a list of my entries, I hurriedly pulled this project from the stack and finished it up. It only had a little quilting and the binding to go, so it did not take long.



The befuddling thing is that I had meticulously made a list of the quilts I entered in the show at the time of submitting the forms. But as things go, I could not find my list!! Often my mind seems as chaotic as my sewing room. But eventually things unfold as needed.










And over this past weekend I had a chance to visit another quilt show in our area held by the Anthony Quilt-and-Go Quilters. They used this charming community center building in McIntosh for the show, and it was a beautiful fall day. The grounds alone made the trip a treat. Add in quilts, and it's a perfect event.





3 comments:

Robbie said...

Oh, how I'm looking forward to our time in Ocala! Your Gloria L. piece turned out great. Best of luck to you!

Jan said...

Your symphony quilt is lovely. Hope your quilt show goes great and you have fun.

sonja said...

your quilt sings to me as well.
i love the setting of quilts under the trees so the sunlight can back light them and you can see what is on the other side! have a great show with great weather!