Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 28, 2020

All Dolled Up...





...And no place to go. Is that how you feel during this time of isolation? I always say that I'm not a doll maker. And yet, look what happened when I got confined to my sewing room for a long period of time! I saw a similar style doll in an issue of Sew Somerset, and decided to try my hand. So I got busy with decorator fabric samples, laces, beads, trims and some Ficklesticks for arms. She sure is...ummm... shall we say, unusual? I believe she is an antibody. I've seen the image of the virus so many times- all prickly and wicked looking. I'm thinking she can take it on! Now that I have a collection of various styles of dolls that I've made, I guess it's time to stop saying I'm not a doll maker. Quilts are happening, too. But they take a bit longer and I don't have any quite ready for prime time. Soon I hope.



Quick and easy doll projects also await. These two cute stitch-and-stuff dolls are ones I found on Spoonflower, a print-to-order fabric company.  This girl is Allie.



And this is Scarlet. Spoonflower had a 50% off sale early in the pandemic, so I ordered both of these. 



Another stitch-and-stuff panel I bought is The Quilt Police who reminds us to "measure twice, cut once". She has a few other quilting guidelines to make quilting fun. And she's ready to write a ticket if necessary.




Paging through another early issue of Sew Somerset, I found image transfer journals that looked interesting. She's underway, but still has more embroidery and beading to be done before becoming the journal cover. I like sitting in the evening working on hand sewing, so this little project has filled the bill. I may need to gather up all the dolls and display them together on a shelf unit. They'll likely fill it. 

3 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

Gosh Nancy…..how cute is this!?! Love it.

Celeste said...

my dolls want a play date with your dolls. Just too cute.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are absolutely adorable and incredible. I like the two dolls you shared and the one that is totally completed. Thankfully, I'm not now, nor will I EVER be a doll maker, so these didn't tempt me to make one. However, I still love what you are working on.