Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

At Home Still ...




Well, lockdown continues for the most part in our state. So a small house quilt seems apropos. And completing projects already underway is certainly one bonus of more time spent at home.  I'd purchased the pattern for this quilt I'm titling "Hillside" from Eye Candy Quilts.  The designers there call the pattern Fierce Ladies. It's a smaller version of their Painted Ladies quilt, inspired by the well-known area of San Francisco's Victorian homes. I had a collection of lovely batik fabric squares just waiting to become part of this village.



When our local quilt guild offered a class on piecing the Flying Geese units using a special ruler known as Wing Clipper by Deb Tucker, I signed up. My goal was not the class project, but to get this project underway. I completed the roof tops in class, and then the whole thing waited... and waited. But it inched along through the final step of free-motion machine quilting, and now it's done! I added embroidery around the doorways of some of the houses, and they may get further embellishment. But for now, it's done. The quilt is wallhanging size, so I think it will look cute displayed in our home. Guild meetings and activities have also been waiting... and waiting. But we are going to give online Zoom meetings a try. A new skill learned due to the pandemic, which remains a serious concern. Hoping you and yours are doing well. I'll keep on stitching along with a few other creative endeavors, and will keep you posted.



7 comments:

Lynette (NZ) said...

Really lovely quilt. Silver lining to be create beauty in unsettled times xo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I enlarged the quilt and it is absolutely beautiful. I really love it. You make incredible wall quilts and this one is no exception, Nancy.

Florida Farm Girl said...

Lovely little quilt. Our guild activities are in hiatus also. Got to do something soon though. Guild business to take care of.

Robbie said...

This is a wonderful quilt!!!! I enlarged the first pic to look at the houses and they are adorable!!!! You did a great job on the free motion quilting too!!!! I'll be interested to see how your Zoom meeting goes! We've only done one Zoom meeting with family! HA Met our art group in the parking lot of the library last week! Good to be back with buds!

The Inside Stori said...

What a charming colorful quilt…..impressed too by your machine quilting!

FlourishingPalms said...

What a neat quilt pattern. I bet it would look good in bright colors too. How fun to learn how to use a new ruler, and it looks like your free motion quilting skills got a nice workout on this one. It's nice to have projects to keep us busy during stay-at-home times. I hope your Zoom meetings are successful. I've been very disappointed that our Central Florida MQG members aren't much interested in Zoom programs or workshops. Guess they'd just rather sew on their own. I'm glad there are some of us who are interested in staying in touch via technology.

The Just Offensive said...

Thiis is a great blog