Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 1, 2019

Hurrah for The Red, White, and Blue...




Here's a button stack necklace I made just in time for our nation's birthday celebration on the 4th. I've been sidelined for much of June with an unanticipated health challenge, so the blog has been quiet. I'm using my time "out of the loop" to sort, reorganize, and cull the supplies in my sewing room. It doesn't look much better, but things are labeled and stored in a more manageable way.




Just before things took a turn health-wise, I was able to visit a quilting friend in Pennsylvania- a very beautiful section of our country. This is the view of The Endless Mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania taken from her deck. The air was crisp and fresh, and the greens so lush. It was a treat to see the deer and birds that visited her yard. Very refreshing after Florida's heat of early summer.




While there, we had our own 4-day fiber art retreat in which we did ice-dyeing of fabrics and gelli printing. I also got to go through her stash and assembled this necklace for her birthday. I brought it home to complete and will mail it to her soon.





And why make one necklace when you can make more? So this is hers, too. I showed her how to make the puffed yo yo and the beaded yo yo, and added some other charms to round this piece out. It's ready to travel back to Pennsylvania soon.

Happy 4th of July!

4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That red, white, and blue necklace is awesome. It is so patriotic. It spoke to me.

The other necklaces are adorable, too, but they don't speak to me in the same way. I was sorry to read you've had health issues, but I'm delighted that you are getting better. It was also good to read about your craft room. More manageable is always the best outcome. I look forward to your ice dyeing results.

Lynette (NZ) said...

Sorry you've had health issues - me too. Annoying when it cramps our creative drive! I am hoping to have a big tidy in my studio this holidays. Mid-year is a great time to regroup. Loving the little star details on your necklaces. Hope you have more fun and creativity in July

The Inside Stori said...

I’m just loving the necklaces…..bet they are as much fun to wear as they are to make. Hope you are feeling better…take good care of yourself!

Robbie said...

Your necklaces are wonderful!!! Just so cheery and attractive!!!! Love that little puff one on the last necklace! So cool!!! Why of course, Pennsylvania is beautiful! I was born and raised there on a farm!!! I love the rolling hills and landscape. I did leave at age 18 due to economy and a man! HA Glad you had a great trip!!!