Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Hi... Remember Me?...




     Griselda Ghastlie is back, and this time she's got her entire family with her! Just in time for Halloween. She made her first appearance on the blog back in January, in this post, and she was the inspiration for our Fiber Art Bee's challenge. Members purchased one of the four figures featured on the fabric panel by Alexander Henry Fabrics and used it to make their own Ghastlie project. This month was the reveal, and what a fun day it was- a reunion of sorts for the Ghastlie Clan.



There's Griselda, standing in front of several family members dressed in their finest.




You can see a couple of the original fabric panels in front of Laura's Ghastlie trio.





There were even Ghastlie garments. Merri made her jacket using an Indygo Junction pattern and centered a Ghastlie Family in the center back.




In addition to Griselda, I also made this apron using a Sit a Spell panel, the caped Ghastlie to whom I added a derby with a cat sitting atop, some fabric paint, lots of lace and glitter, and some tulle ruffling.





We took a break from admiring the Ghastlies, to enjoy some spider and monster cookies. And then it was back to the festivities.





Joyce used Inktense Blocks to colorize her Ghastlie girl and stitched her into this wallhanging.





Michyle gave her Ghastlie girl a steampunk look by decoupaging her onto a canvas. She used so many techniques to complete her project, that I've lost count. But she foiled her hair and added glitter glue and a feather. She used discarded jewelry to embellish, including toe rings for the arm garters, and a locket for the cat portrait. Watch faces and parts are also in the piece, and Michyle recycled discarded frame corners to complete her asymmetrical wall art. There's even a disembodied, skeletal hand up top and a necklace dangling off the bottom. So creative!







Bonnie couldn't stop and she made an entire family collection, using roving for the hair and adding other embellishments.









Even tiny yo yos and buttons went into her pieces.


Sherry added bat wing eyebrows to the caped guy, and lots of colorful embellishments to the Ghastlie woman.




More family members...


And even more! The two women may be competing for the Ghastlie guy's attention, and I do believe he is blushing. Or nervous.




 And finally me, modeling my apron and holding Griselda. This was so much fun and everyone who participated really rose to the challenge. What will we do next???


5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh my, what ghoulish fun. Each of these projects was wonderful and I simply ADORE your apron. All of the women in your sewing group really rose to the challenge, but I still think your apron wins the prize for most original.

Robbie said...

I loved your apron on FB and looks great here too!!! Plus, Griselda is wonderful!!!! I love what you do lately!!!

Celeste said...

You have captured the experience of show and tell at the Fiber Art Bee. I was not there but after reading your blog I am sure I was. I still have my piece to show also. Can't wait for the family reunion when next they meet.

Createology said...

Oh Dear I do LOVE the Ghastlies and all the wonderful projects created and shared here. Your Apron is super fun and I adore each and every family member. The ode to Ghastlie Steampunk has to be one of my most favorite since I LOVE Steampunk and Ghastlies. Sew much creativity in your group...Well Done! <3

Browndirtcottage said...

What lovely fun Ghastlie goodness! Your apron is just w-a-y too cute!