Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Let it Shine... Heart Sparkles




'Tis the season for heartfelt remembrances. I received this beautiful fiber art valentine from friend and fellow creative Robbie Payne at Robbie's Paw Prints blog. You can read more about her process there. She painted and stitched the background fabric, then added a fabric and paper combo heart. The foiling and the tiny bead edging along with Robbie's beautiful stitching just accent this perfectly. I so appreciate receiving this handmade and heartfelt greeting!


And this fabric-paper zipper pouch was a gift earlier this year from fiber artist Merri McKenzie. Her fabric paper is made meticulously with layer upon layer of paper and trims. I love the vintage feel of her little bag along with the glitzy accent of a tee-shirt ball bead all sequined and shiny. Handmade is just the best, isn't it?



Meanwhile, I'm still exploring handmade jewelry items. This beachy key chain is the result of tinkering with crafting charms. I think it needs just a little bit more, but don't want it too clunky to hang off the key. All this sparkly goodness makes my heart go pitty pat! How about you?




4 comments:

Lynette said...

Pretty accessories, yes. :) Hope you're having a happy day.

Robbie said...

I love that zipper collage bag!!! So cool! Your key chain is wonderful!!!! I feel like a slacker lately! You're creating so much and all I do is eat! HA

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love both your gifts and read about the process, too. I also adore your lovely key chain. It is beachy indeed, and reminds me of the time I spent in FL. You are blessed.

merriberri said...

Oh my, thank you for highlighting my little paper fabric zipper bag in your blog. I was delighted to be in such good company! I have gone plum crazy ever since you showed us how to make the cotton ball sequin covered beads and I cannot make them fast enough. Pure fun!!!