Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The Happiest of Holidays... Peace, Love, Hope





Christmas crafts abound right now in my sewing room. This little paper journal is one of the projects I've recently completed. It's got sewing, gluing, embellishing, stamping, painting- you name it. And it's an exploding book. I'll show you what that means in some of the following photos.



In addition to the book, I also joined in a group project to make tags. Here's one example of that effort on the right.




 An exploding book is one that has many surfaces inside to decorate with images and paint, stamps, tape, and ephemera. Those surfaces are the "pages" so to speak in this book. The fun part is that it folds this way, then that way, front and back, so that it opens out in a long line of colorful paper goodness. Here are the opening images- don't you love the little baker rolling out the cookie dough?



Since the book has so many angles and facets, it's not easy to photograph. I hope you get the idea from this picture. This is just the front side.




And here is the festive paper chaos our journal group shared on the way to making our tags. Paper crafters are like quilters in their willingness to share supplies. And choices proliferate- scraps make more scraps. But it's so enjoyable to dig in and see what everyone comes up with for a design. And, as I'm sure you know, other people's scraps are always more interesting than our own!


These whimsical elves and reindeer added some spark to my tag, along with that wonderful fiber tie.





And the project for a Christmas swap at the Fiber Bee was to make hand-made fiber or other beads. This is the wonderful assortment I got in the swap. In 2018 I plan to try out some jewelry making in order to use these in some kind of wearable. We'll see where that goes!

Merry Christmas to all!











8 comments:

Jan said...

Wonderful things you have been making. I know how much time all these things take to finish, you have been very busy. Love those beads, look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That book is fabulous. I was really impressed with how it explodes. I especially like the areas that you sewed. It's a genuine beauty and one you can be very proud of.

WOW, your tag making session made me smile. You and your craft group had a whole bevy of "scraps" and embellishments to make the most impressive and unusual tags.

I love those beads. Some are quite unique. One looks like it is made of melted tyvek. I look forward to seeing what you make with these.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Where are my manners? Merry, merry Christmas, dear Nancy.

Barb said...

Beautiful paper crafting!

Robbie said...

Gosh...these are wonderful!! You really have to take your time to look closely at each one!!! Happy Holidays, my friend! Hope to see you sometime this winter!

Lynette (NZ) said...

Love the exploding book idea - might add that to my list of projects! Tyvek beads are gorgeous fun. Merry Merry to you xo

Createology said...

Looks like you are having very creative fun and making wonderful projects. I love making and using fiber beads. Sharing with other creative souls is Priceless! Merry Christmas to you...<3

Lynette said...

What a fun post. That book looks fascinating!