Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 20, 2017

Turkey and Stuffing....




Happy Thanksgiving! I have an affinity for stitch-and-stuff fabric items like these turkeys and pumpkin. The turkeys are vintage Cranston Fabrics panels, and I purchased these on eBay. Since our daughter's favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, I decided she needed to have some stuffed decor to go with the feast she prepares.



And since I can't let things go to waste, I cut out the small turkey illustration that was on the panel and appliqued it to the center of this Checkerboard Dresden block. I had made one as a sample to try out the instructions, and it just happened to be in fall colors. So it became a table mat to go with the other sewn items.



Once I start a stitch-and-sew project, I usually sew a few others that have been waiting their turn. That's how this little blonde girl  and her companion bunny got finished at last. There are still a bear and a swan awaiting their stuffing. So I had an assembly line of projects all happening at once. The doll is posing with the Ghastlie figure shown in a previous post. All in the family!



And these two kitties got sewn- one is awaiting stuffing. Sometimes I find these projects on our "free table" at quilt guild. So I know I'm not alone in my affinity for them. It's fun to get them done all together. And now I'll look for their new homes.


4 comments:

sonja said...

since upon occasion I also make figures of cats or horses or angels out of my fabrics and paint, i find they seem to be having conversations if i group them...all in the family! Happy thanksgiving!

Robbie said...

OMG...I don't know which I like best! The turkey is wonderful...matt is adorable..the cat is perfect! How cute these all are!!!! Nicely done my friend! As you always do...perfect work! Happy Thanksgiving!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My keyboard is having a PMS hissy fit today, and refuses to work much of the time. I would LOVE to leave you a personal message like you are used to from me, but it took nearly 30 minutes to write my last "real" message. Fortunately, my mouse still works well, so I can copy and paste this generic message to you. So, I will just wish you a very happy Thanksgiving and please be aware I have seen and appreciate your art.

Barb said...

What great stuffed dolls - I have a collection of those turkeys too!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family