Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Some Wintery Sparkle…



DSCN4088

We’ve been so busy lately with our daughter’s (continuing) move, that it occurred to me that I had not posted on my blog in awhile. I have been sewing and crafting in odd moments, but she’s found a permanent home and it’s time to get her moved from her temporary rental. We certainly are enjoying having her here in Florida, and I know she is happy with the change. Still lots more to do, but her new home is just right for her. And there’s lots of wall space so I can help decorate with some of my quilts, so that's fun! One project I was able to complete are these sparkly vintage-look cards. They were in a kit I purchased at a close-out sale. They were simple to make, or I should say assemble, really. The design elements were punch-outs and were applied in layers on top of a base image to get a 3-D quality. All of the embossing and imagery were already on the card. I just needed to add pop-dots and glitter glue.

DSCN4080

The cards have such a nostalgic feel to them, and I like how they almost look lit from within. I had not seen anything quite like them before, nor have I since.


DSCN4085

I can’t really pick a favorite, but this little bird lover is certainly an appealing and sweet image. However, the first two cards almost look as if you could step into the landscape, and are inviting for that reason. Better bring boots and a shovel though! Meanwhile, thinking I may have more time to spend on projects in the New Year and after the final move, I signed up for LifeBook 2015 which is a year-long art journaling class and group. Time will tell, but I’m hoping to learn more about supplies and techniques, and this class is full of well-known, fine instructors.

DSCN4073

Speaking of birds, I thought I’d show you this visitor in our horse paddock from last week. It was not easy to get a photo, but if you study on it, you can see that it’s an American Eagle. So handsome, and he is a good-size fellow.  I’ll keep stitching and crafting… the clock is ticking toward Christmas!

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad to read your daughter has found a permanent home. That's always a blessing.

These are gorgeous cards, and you are right. I've never seen anything like them before.

Wow I didn't realize eagles lived that far south. Guess I don't know much about them. Thanks for sharing.

The Inside Stori said...

The cards are wonderful....the corrigated paper is perfect. I heard on a podcast that I was listening to yesterday....one thing to like about the holidays is the fun use of glitter, and one thing to dislike about the holidays is glitter.....

I didn't realize eagles could be found in FL.....we miss seeing them feed in the river in the winter where our house was in Wisconsin.

Susan said...

Knowing you next year you will be posting photos of your original designs using these lovely cards as your inspiration b

Createology said...

Your cards are beautiful and remind me of wonderful 3D images we used to create. Fine little cuttings and layers of multiple images...tons of time spent but so enjoyable end results. Awesome Eagle! Merry Christmas Blessings with Peace and Joy for all of 2015...

Robbie said...

I am SO glad you finally posted! The cards are stunning!!!! I keep looking at them...just beautiful....what a find and you did a great job putting them together!!
Love the Eagle!!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh I love the cards! And the eagle, that's awesome!

Nancy said...

How inspiring to see an Eagle right there on your fence post..I'd love to see one in the wild. Your cards are like a blast out of the past; so sweet and gentle. The journaling class sounds like fun. Merry Christmas to you and your family...

AppleApricot Wen said...

Yay, so happy to see you signed up for lifebook too!! I did too a little while ago and can't wait to get started!! Enjoy! :)
The cards are beautiful and so sparkly.
Wishing you a beautiful and sparkly Christmas time full of peace and joy. Hugs xx