Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Another Pair of Lively Blocks...

 

How did June fly by me so quickly? It's nearly the end of the month, so time to complete the two Block-of-the-Month quilt blocks from Craftsy's free online class. This month the blocks are two examples of what instructor Amy Gibson calls Modern Nine Patch blocks. Both were quick and easy to piece. The first is this Greek Cross block. And below is the Octagon block. I'm liking the vibrancy of these blocks made with the California Dreamin' fat quarter bundle I purchased just for the project. The blocks are piling up in month six of the year-long project. I look forward to seeing how Amy suggests setting the blocks together... but I'm getting ahead of myself. We're just half-way there. Meanwhile, I've also signed up for Carol Ann Waugh's Stitch and Slash class. Craftsy was having a sale recently, and I enjoyed a previous class she taught. So there's never a shortage of projects to work on in the sewing room!


3 comments:

Susan said...

What delightful blocks. I can't wait to see the pictures you post of the finished quilt.
susan

Unknown said...

Oh so nice to be back and see your beautiful work. Love the colours - it will be something when it's finished! I'm taking my time getting back in the groove, however hope to be here more regularly and blogging again. I just finished a painting which is on my blog. Hope you like her. Have a lovely day Nancy. Missed you. xoDonna

Browndirtcottage said...

Yes, these are lively indeed and I.LIKEE.