Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Get Yourself an Outfit...





Notice a trend in these photos? It's not enough that I love making quilts. I apparently am compelled to carry the passion for quilts into all phases of my life. In an "oops, I did it again" moment, I went shopping for clothing and brought home yet another garment, shown above, that looks like a quilt. I'm drawn to them. Especially if they're on sale!




A quick inventory of the closet revealed this somewhat disturbing truth. It seems that I often dress like a quilt. It happened quite gradually, and yet these four ready-to-wear garments are just the tip of the iceberg. There's more. Tops, jackets, even purses Lots more!



My consciousness of this trend was first raised when I wore the Crazy Quilt vest below, and people asked me if I'd made it. I gave the standard quilter's answer of "No, but I could have."




It all puts me in mind of the parody of the song titled "The Cowboy's Lament", that starts out "As I walked out in the streets of Laredo....". My version goes like this, to that tune:


I can see by your outfit that you are a quilter.

You can see by my outfit that I am a quilter, too.

We can see by our outfits that we are all quilters.

Get yourself an outfit and be a quilter, too!











5 comments:

quiltingnana said...

cute parody

Susan said...

Hilarious!

Unknown said...

ha ha. Your post made me laugh out loud, Nancy! I love all your 'quilt' cloths .. the first jacket being my favorite. hugs, Donna

markus said...

So beautiful.love the colors.

Nancy said...

Nancy, now you are going to have to share where you find all these goodies.....I never see tops like this....So cool and cute......

In the past, I have made a couple of quilted jackets and a vest or two but haven't lately...Maybe I need to do this again.....