Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blooming Bahamas Bag...



I made this purse using a pattern from Abbey Lane Quilts new book "Blooming Possibilities". I used some of the hand printed fabric we bought while in Nassau on the quilting cruise last January. The fabric is pleated and I used fusible fleece to back it. Then the pleats are held in place by the stitched-on pink band. The loose pleats at the top are ruffled out to dress it up a bit. I adjusted the pattern size slightly to fit the fat quarter of brown print. The bag is lightweight yet roomy, and the hand strap makes it comfortable to carry securely.


And the cute flower accent! So much fun to make, and the book shows how to make several sizes and styles of flowers. There are 12 project patterns in all. I've already made two of the flowers, and plan to make lots more. And I want to make at least one pair of The Ladies Flip Flops, too. Lots of appealing projects in this book!



2 comments:

quiltingnana said...

nice little bag...love the flower

Barb said...

Oh I soooo want that book. And love love love the purse. So adorable!