Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Glorious Glass... Part 2

 


We're not done with the wonderful Chihuly at Biltmore exhibit. It begged to be more than one post! The colors, forms, and textures in his glass pieces are beyond description, so feast your eyes.


Looking into the glass sculptures is quite mesmerizing. There are thousands of glass pieces making up the display.


The glowing neon colors are like no glass I've ever seen and the pieces light up beautifully.


And the array of glass plant life forms makes for such a pleasing arrangement.


From tall and slender to twisted and serpentine, the arrangements of the pieces are attention grabbing.


This Mille Fiori installation is the centerpiece of the entire exhibit in my view. The artist's vision was inspired by Mille Fiori- an Italian word meaning "thousand flowers". The garden can be viewed from all sides, and there is much to see. It takes Chihuly and his entire team of artisans to blow the glass forms for installations like this one. If you have 20 spare minutes, here is a YouTube video showing the process of the designs. I hope you're packing your bags for a trip to Asheville, NC, and Chihuly at Biltmore. You won't be disappointed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know "wow" is an over used word, but all I can say is WOW!! Thank you for your blog and also for the YouTube link.

Quiltdivajulie said...

That final photo of the Mille Fiori installation is stunning - I have not seen that combination before. It is fabulous!!!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to visit. I absolutely adore that Mille Fiori installation. It is beyond stunning. I will check out the YouTube video next. These flowers are beyond belief, Nancy.