Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 27, 2021

BoHo Beads Galore, Part 2... Now What?

 


What to do with the myriad BoHo beads I've been making? That really is a quandary, because I just can't seem to stop making them. But I'm happy to report that there are some uses for them. In the photo above, I used one of the longer beads as a hanger for the Crazy Quilt heart hanging. And I stitched another one to the bottom of the heart to embellish it and balance it out. So there's that.



I'm using a number of lovely fabrics and trims to create the cover of a journal. One of the beads stitched on the surface looked just right. This is a work in progress, so I'll show it completed in an upcoming blog post.


And this is a BoHo bead used in a fiber tassel embellishment for a journal cover. I showed the whole cover in a previous post. But here's a close up of the wire wrapped bead. So these pretty fiber treasures do find their way into projects,  which is reason enough for me to keep on making them.


Here are three more beads which I started while doing the demo for the Fiber Art Bee I belong to. I finished them up and wanted to point out that the beads can be made with matching ends, or random bead stacks at each end as these three are. You can find the steps for making these and see more beads in the previous post.



After the Zoom demo I did on the beads, fiber artist Ellen Casile Kostewicz found that she can't stop making them either. Here are some of her beautiful creations.


And one more by Ellen.



She strung a group on wire to make this pretty display. She found her own style with the decorative wire wrapping. And Ellen agreed with me that it was very satisfying to find a way to use the beads and fibers we've collected for so long! 

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I like what you did with your beads. I think they will be useful in lots of projects. The sheer joy of making them must be great, but finding the exact use for each will be even more fun. And Ellen's are great, too. You are a wonderful teacher.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry. I published my comment too soon. I'm still not sure where you go after the bead is dry on the lollipop stick and adding the ends. Do the beads stay on the stick? How do you go from the end to the end caps or end beads? From the look of the finished beads, you add more wire, but I guess I'm missing a step somewhere in my own mind.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sometimes I am SUCH a dufus. Thanks for explaining. Now I get it, thanks to your comment on my blog post today.

Robbie said...

I just love these beads!!!! Your Crazy Quilt heart hanging is perfect for using some!!!! I'm very far behind in reading blogs...too much to do and too much time on laptop and phones! Need to prioritize better!

The Inside Stori said...

Perfect!!!!