Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

A Quilter's Hideaway...

 



Welcome to the "Wee Tropical Forest Cottage" made in response to an art quilt challenge titled "My Dream Home." The background got its start in Textile Artists Stitch Club, an online group. It's layered with an assortment of painted and stamped fabrics along with hand-embroidered stitches. Can you spot me floating in the sky above the little hideaway? I'm contemplating all the fun quilts and stitched projects that will come to life in my tiny cottage. I made the quilt in a random free-form shape determined by the fabric edges. That posed a challenge for finishing the quilt edge so I applied braided fiber edging to it which let me keep the shape.




The mushroom roof is colorfully beaded and and the house is tucked away, safe and sound in a beautiful location. I'm pretty sure I'll be stitching happy in my little cottage! This was a fun and creative project which is just what I needed as there are no big quilts underway at the moment. It helped to counter some lethargy that seems to have creeped in lately. Our group has some more fun small projects coming up so I'm looking forward to them. 

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are SO creative. I really enjoyed seeing what was hand painted fabric and what wasn't. It is a beautiful art quilt and I am sure you will be creating lots of these beauties in that tiny cottage. LOVE this.

The Inside Stori said...

This is an adorable project and looks like it was a heck of a lot of fun to create. I agree, we sometimes need these smaller, freeing projects, as brain cleanser between tackling big projects. Very successful and fun.

FlourishingPalms said...

Yay for you to have such a wee, fun, creative outlet! It's simply charming, and yes, I see you! I wouldn't have the supplies to come up with such a creation, so good for you to be engaging and using what you have. I'll keep working on big(ger) quilts. :-) I'm feeling very engaged these days, and can't wait to start implementing my plans for a bed-sized improv quilt following Maria Shell's methods. I've just made a big investment in more solid fabrics, so it's gotta happen! Keep playing as you feel like. Be well!

Robbie said...

You did such a good job on this collage! It's such a fun piece and so much you can do to it!

Lynette (NZ) said...

Love your beaded cottage. I am finding it a bit hard to be motivated at times and you are right, small projects are just what's needed ♥