Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 25, 2018

A Bit of Halloween Humor....



..and a new Halloween necklace, too. I'm not usually a Halloween aficionado. But this year, after making the charm necklace shown in my last post, I decided a themed necklace was in order. I found lots of small bits that lent themselves to it, like the little ghosts and beaded yo yos. And I purchased a few charms from a bead supplier to add in. I need to get a larger jewelry form- this one make the necklace look gigantic. It doesn't really ride that far out on my shoulders! That WOULD be scary.  




You can see a few more of the charms in this close-up. There's a message-in-a-bottle charm from the class I took. It's says "Best Day Ever- 2018- Goatfeathers Studio". I've told our instructors that their classes are quite often the best day ever- so much fun. The little potion bottle was also from the class but did not wind up on the class project. It fits here very nicely. I've been playing with making Shrinky Dinks charms, and you can see the eye on one of them peeking out. She does not look very happy to see us.




I also added beaded felt balls, witch's shoes, and more Shrinky Dinks. The face is one made from fabric featuring the Ghastlies- a delightfully creepy family in the mode of the Addams Family. I was able to transfer the face onto the shrink plastic, bake it, and wind up with a perfectly Ghastlie little charm for my necklace. These are such fun to create. Of course, Christmas is coming! I'm already thinking about a third necklace for that holiday.



"Got catnip?", these two trick or treating kittens want to know. I saw this project idea at Rainbow's End quilt shop, Dunedin, FL. The shop was selling the paper image sewn onto theme fabric at a recent quilt show for just a couple of dollars. I bought two, and added further embellishments. Then the piece is mounted on canvas board and displayed on a plate rack. Their creative idea, my embellishing. But I can certainly make my own with images for other holidays and events, and plan to.




 This one made me laugh out loud- "Surprise me," the pumpkin in a barber chair says trustingly to the carving knife! I added a sparkly yo yo, rick rack, ribbon, and a fiber bundle to this one.




Throw in a few pumpkins and an autumn garland, and maybe I'm more of a Happy Halloween person than I thought!




9 comments:

Robbie said...

Well, where do I start! How adorable are the kitten fabric/card and the pumpkin in the barber chair is a hoot!!!

Love your necklace...I was enlarging the pic to see all the 'items' you included...cute little note/definition? on spiders? Love the face of your lady!!! She's perfect for Halloween! You are so talented!

Celeste said...

Oh you have just outdone yourself. Love the necklace. I can’t wait to learn Shrinky Dink’s.

The Inside Stori said...

Great fun.....such a happy time of the year that you've depicted well in your art!!

creativelenna said...

I am not a fan of Halloween, but I loved your cards, Nancy! Got Catnip?? Too funny!! 😍 Your necklace looks like great fun to make and wear.

Lynette said...

Super cute crafts! Halloween is so fun for that.

Lynette (NZ) said...

Love the variety in your charms and those pumpkins are so fun ♥

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Don't tell me. I'm late visiting!! I love your necklace. I'm trying to figure out how you attached that die. Did you drill it, or??

Of course, you had me at catnip!! It was absolutely PURRfect and the boys both give it two paws up. I agree that the surprise me had me laughing, too. You embellished and framed both well.

Please forgive me for being late. Does it help my excuse that I've been sick?

Jan said...

Another fun filled post! Love your necklace. You put so much into it, all adorable and cute. Those cards are delightful and funny! I didn't make cards this year. Happy Halloween! Wish I could come and trick or treat you.

Janice said...

You are so talented and creative! Do you have 48 hour days? You must to do all the wonderful things you do.