Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Happy Daisy…


DSCN0169


Phew.. it’s been nearly a month since I posted last. I’ve been doing some sewing and crafting, but not much since I got hit with the stomach bug that was making the rounds. It seemed to take a very long time to get my strength and energy back from it. But I’m doing well now, and getting some projects completed. This little quilt resulted from a class with Sue Cleveland of Pieces Be With You. Her Happy Daisy class focused on applique and quilting using heavy-weight threads, along with embellishing, prairie points, and uniquely shaped projects. It’s little- about 9” x 12”- and oh, so cute!




DSCN0171


Sue concentrates on even the smallest of details like adding decorative stitches to the prairie points, shown here. And the Big Stitch quilted lines are worked in two strands of 12 wt. cotton sewing thread. So there’s lots happening in just a small space.


DSCN0172


I’ve certainly made prairie points before, and they’re simple enough to do without a special tool. But I admit to being a gadget collector, so this Prairie Pointer called my name. It makes an easy task even easier by maintaining the perfect triangular shape and the point. And how about the little wool felt balls? Sue adds them and a couple of beads to the points to further embellish! Well, I thought I also needed a package of those.


DSCN0168


Sue is the author of "Precision & Panache" in which she outlines her favorite methods, including her popular Piping Hot Curves and binding. There were 20 of us in the class, and several had their class projects for show-and-tell at guild recently. It’s always fun to see how the same project looks with various fabric and color choices. So I’m glad to be back, glad to be feeling better, and happy with the Happy Daisy!

1 comment:

Createology said...

Okay...I am visiting from Robbie. I always see you comment on her blog. Your thimble perspective is a great idea. I like what I see here and am now following. Creative Stitching Bliss...