Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Two More Blocks for February...


Amy Gibson at Craftsy has presented two more blocks in her free block-of-the-month class. The one above is "Balkan Puzzle" which is also known by other names. When I took the photo, I couldn't recall what Amy titled the block, so I saved it under the name I remember which is "Wind Blown Square." She notes yet another name of "Wind Blown Star." Since both blocks are made using half-square triangles, Amy demos two easy methods for piecing them in her class video. 


This block is called "Chunky Chevron". I'm really liking the prints in the Free Spirit "California Dreaming" fat quarter bundle purchased to use for this project. However, I need to get more of the cream color background fabric. I don't have enough left to piece the remaininig monthly blocks. You can see the companion blocks from January in this post. The Craftsy online class also features places to discuss, ask questions, and post photos of the blocks. It's always interesting to see the fabrics and color combinations other quilters select for their projects. All good quilting fun!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Nancy, these two blocks are great...I always enjoying seeing new blocks I haven't seen before....

I couldn't wait to write and tell you that my 100 year old aunt died last week and I have four quilts she and my grandmother pieced and quilted many years ago....
One is a log cabin, one is a double wedding ring, and I don't know the other two....I am planning to do a post about her and show the quilts...

I am so excited to these quilts...She also left me a crochet table cloth that she had done...

I knew you would appreciate these since you are such a avid quilt lover....

Hugs,
Nancy

Nancy said...

AFter reading my comment, it sounds like I couldn't wait to write to tell you she was dead but that was not the case...I just wanted to tell you about the quilts...I need to read my comments before I hit the button...
Sorry

Unknown said...

LOVE the Balkan Puzzle block - and of course your colours ALWAYS appeal to me so much. hugs, Donna

Susan said...

Great blocks, gorgeous fabric. I hope you'll show us more.