Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Now See Here...







Can't you almost hear this sassy little girl saying something like "now see here?" She's got 'tude for sure. There is something so appealing about vintage images of women, and even little girls, in hats! I just love them. So for my friend Joanne's birthday, I made the greeting card with this little one stamping her foot. She's just so cute and funny. I thought I was drawn to the image because she "was" Joanne, who always had an affinity for hats when growing up. But no... it turns out that Joanne says she's me. To a "T". Oh my goodness! Really? Who knew?? Amazing how others know us better than we know ourselves, isn't it.


I forgot to take a photo of the card before sending.. but Joanne obliged with the scan. I wanted to show it here, and to mention all the new things I used and learned while making it. It's got tissue tape, eyelets, lace, and white gel pen. The image is a free one from The Graphics Fairy. It was fun to make, and I especially like working with the vintage images and sewing trims.










Anyhow, making cards and stitching paper remains a big fascination of late. Our small crafting and sewing group recently held a cardmaking session. Here are some more of the goods... Quilting friend Prue made most of these. She's very talented with fabric and paper.. a real knack. She even lines the envelopes, which is a lovely touch. The yellow one above is my favorite.


3 comments:

quiltingnana said...

very nice cards

Unknown said...

Wow, Nancy. I'm just so impressed ... Your little sassy girl is wonderful and you framed her beautifully. All the cards with fabric and paper .. I haven't tried that yet. Want to! So much to do, so little time. :o) Absolutely gorgeous array of good. Want to come over and play?? Donna

Robbie said...

Oh my gosh! i had to click on your 'little girl' to get a better look at her! And she does have a 'tude' doesn't she!! How adorable!! Don't you love the vintage pictures. Have you seen the old, old leather postcards they used to make? My friend just showed me some! Wow! You would love those! Do a 'google' search on 'leather post cards'.