Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 27, 2023

Happy Fall Y'all...

 


I noticed the blessed relief in temperatures here in Florida lately where it actually began to feel like fall. That prompted an urge to decorate for it. But when I looked for my selection of autumn decorations, they were nowhere to be found. I couldn't believe they weren't here. Finally, I concluded that I must have donated them somewhere in a fit of "downsizing" last year. So when I saw the cute Halloween tea towel on our sewing group's "free table", it came home with me. It wasn't long before I was auditioning it for a wall quilt project. I had lots of those wonky circle blocks already sewn, and when I started playing with them and the towel, this "make-it-work" quilt top happened. I still need to quilt it, and I better get at it soon if it's going to hang up this year.



On that same "free table" I found this lovely bouquet of fall silk flowers and it came home, too. Voila! Instant fall decorating.


What happened next was a nice surprise. While hunting for our bike helmets (it's cool enough to do that now, too), we found a tote labeled "Fall Decor." Lo and behold... inside I found the pumpkins, light swag, and other fall items to add to my display. Neither my husband or I remembered storing them away so efficiently. But I'm glad we did! Several of the pumpkins are ones that I painted and I really enjoy looking at them. Lessons learned: keep looking for lost items and make sure to label things in totes!

2 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

Yay for your perseverance in your search! But it looks like you found some good treasures to bring home. The quilt top you made is really interesting - between that panel and the unique blocks you pieced. Very nice! And the lights, and pumpkins... all good. I don't manage any fall decorations since I got rid of all that stuff before moving to Florida. But I sure appreciate seeing it in others' homes. Enjoy yours.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how you used the freebie towel to create this fabulous Halloween decoration. You are amazing and so is this quilt.

Beautiful fall decorations. So glad you found your pumpkins. They are charming, dear Nancy.