Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Still In the Pinkish...


It's been some time since I've posted in the blog. A series of medical and dental appointments (nothing too serious) became disruptive to business-as-usual, and posting got eased out of the mix. I have been quilting however, and this project became a "build-it-yourself" quilt on the design wall. The fun began with selecting all the splashy prints in my stash to live together in this project. And next in finding the right pinky/plum background fabric. It's called "Scrappy Interlocking Nine Patch."



I'd seen a YouTube tutorial on how to make it, and was intrigued. I thought the quilt looked complex. But after watching Quilts and Other Happy Accidents walk us through making it, it turns out the quilt was so simple it begged to be pieced. And so it was. Look- it has only two elements. First is a large square cut from a print.



And second is a simple Nine Patch. When cutting the big square, just cut four smaller ones to use in the Nine Patch blocks and you're on the adventure! Making the quilt does require a design wall though, because you'll need to place the small squares correctly to achieve the interlocking puzzle look. And for me, having a quilt on the design wall is quite motivating. It it's there too long, it starts reproaching me and I get right on it Give this one a try- that is, if you can take your quilt judging you!

No comments: